Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweet Satisfaction

Today I had a very proud moment...


I arrived to work to find my desk covered in water. It had been pouring for a good 12 hours straight, where the water was coming from, I didn't really know.  I cleaned up the water with scrap paper - we don't seem to have paper towels anywhere on campus and then I sat down to work as a drop of water splattered onto my desk and into my face.  Awesome.  So I got a mug to put under the leak to catch the water.   4 minutes later the drop landed in the mug but also splashed out of the mug onto my desk, my laptop and again, my face.  Yes, I am convinced Colombian raindrops are larger than the average raindrop.  Next step? I filled the mug with yarn that I had from a circumference investigation project so that the water wouldn't splash.  Result = pure perfection. For the rest of the morning I happily worked as I watched drop after drop of water landing in my perfectly positioned mug, without any further spillage onto my things.   Hooray.

I did report the leak as well, although the director of the middle school and I agreed that perhaps it would cheaper to just buy me some more yarn...or a sheep...but perhaps the noise (bah bah) would distract others from their work.  I guess I'll just have to wait for them to repair the whole in the roof.  But until then, I've tackled my problems so that nothing can get in the way of my grading and planning.

1 comment:

  1. Kate ... there is a scientist inside of you, pure detailed observation, intuition, method and facts... awesome!

    ReplyDelete