I successfully hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people!
I have been planning this for weeks - I sent out the Evite, I planned the menu, I tested some recipes for pies, checked in with Grandma Naylor about the best way to freeze pies, learned that freezing a pumpkin pie was not a good idea, and this weekend I cooked all the elements of a Thanksgiving dinner that I could given some of the Colombian limitations (no cranberries, no sweet potatoes).
- Ham Rolls ups (family tradition)
- Crudité with two cream cheese dips (one with bacon and onion; the other with onion soup mix and red pepper)
- Camembert cheese and crackers
- Gravy - Thank you Tiffany! She arrived just in time to help me with this difficult task but I think I could do it on my own now...maybe.
- Vegetable Medley
- Mashed Potatoes
- Squash Casserole (mom's recipe)
- Buttermilk Biscuits (tiffany's recipe)
The whole event was quite hectic...did I mention there were 20 people in my tiny apartment?!! Still, I wanted to make sure we didn't completely forget the purpose of Thanksgiving so I made a poster for people to write the things for which they are thankful. I think it came out well - and it definitely showed the variety of personalities that were visiting.
Overall, such a great day! Definitely an event I will want to repeat in the future.