Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My favorite things: Empanadas

I have an addiction: empanadas from El Kiosko.  If you lived two blocks from the place, you would too.

This place makes the best empanadas in all of Bogotá.  If you are not familiar with empanadas - here in Bogotá at least - they are fried pockets of dough (made of corn) filled with delicious things.  I always get carne (meat) but they have cheese and chicken as well...and everywhere you go they are a bit different.  You eat them with lime and aji (hot salsa...there are different kinds) - YUM!  I generally order water to try and balance the fried (unhealthy) deliciousness with something that my body actually needs, but they go wonderfully as well with Colombiana - a delicious soda made in, duh, Colombia.
 






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You made me laugh by saying you balance out the badness of the fried empanadas with water. Ha ha! I thought you were going to say something with nutrition (though water is important). :-)

    Reminds me of Julie's Empanadas which I'm sure you know . . .

    ReplyDelete