Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Diva!

Today, I head to Los Llanos with my fifth graders for the week.  I am very excited about the trip but today is also the birthday of someone who has become a very good friend.



Natalia aka Diva, is a teacher at my school and is always there for me when I'm stressing out, freaking out about ridiculous school policy or need help with Spanish translations or my new job as course director.  Natalia gives me a ride home nearly every day and having a friend to vent with at the end of a long day is an absolute blessing.  In addition, to being someone I can always count on, she has taught be a ton of Spanish (both formal Spanish and highly inappropriate expressions...both important to know),  has introduced me to the best (and cheapest) empanadas in my neighborhood as well as a great beauty salon near my apartment ($4 manicures anyone? Sweet!).  She has a huge heart and is an amazing teacher and I'm so thankful to have her by my side at the school.

Because I'm not going to be in town on Saturday, I was able to organize a birthday celebration for Diva on Friday night.  We headed to our friends house where we had delicious cocktails and delicious food:  mozzarella with jalapeños, melted camembert with French bread, asparagus wrapped in bacon, and then chocolate fondue with fruit, cookies, and marshmallows for dipping. YUM!!!!!

On Sunday, I joined her and her family for a traditional asado in a park just outside of Bogotá.  The celebration included una hora loca...because, duh, it was a party.  Haha, of course it's normal for 5 people to play music and dance around in masks for an hour at a public park, of course.  But soooo much fun!

Happy Birthday Diva!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment