Sunday, September 16, 2012

I LOVE Visitors!!!

 So Haley already two posts about her arrival to Colombia and a day in the city, but I still felt that I needed to share my excitement over her visit.   It was a quick day and a half but it was WONDERFUL!


Some of the highlights:

Dinner at Club Colombia.  This is not a place I go to often because it's a liiiitle too fancy for regular visits but it is pure heaven.  Gorgeous inside and out, great food, great lighting, and with Haley and Aly (her colleague traveling with her for work), great conversation as well. 







Drinks at Cafe y Crepes.  I had only been to the sister location, Cafe de la Montaña, but the locations are nearly identical and equally adorable.  Dark, warm, live guitar playing, and delicious beverages that warm you to the core: canelazo and vino caliente.  I know Haley and Aly were exhausted from the flight from Paraguay but it was sooooo nice to have this evening to catch up and talk about love, life, the future, etc. 


Tamales at La Puerta Falsa.


A trip to Monserrate.  I don't think I'll ever tire of this place.  Stunning views of the city and a great market full of typical Colombian cuisine.  We tried the coca tea - and Aly purchased some for her altitude sickness.
 


Obleas.  I actually don't think I've ever had an oblea...even after a year of living here.  How crazy because they are delicious...or exquisite as the vendor's cart claimed. 









Worlds colliding.
Onces potluck with my favorite Colombians and my lovely American visitors.  I invited a bunch of my favorite people from Bogotá to bring a dish and share it Sunday evening at my apartment.  The theme was onces and folks brought: hot chocolate, refajo (a mix of beer and Colombian soda), empanadas with ají, caladitos, fruit salad, cheese, guacamole, papas criollas (a special Colombia potato), and more.  The food was good and the company even better.  I love bringing my favorite people together and when my worlds combine and make new connections among themselves I am suuuuper happy. 

Haley and Aly, thanks so much for the excuse to have friends over on a Sunday night and for a great weekend.  It was sooooo wonderful to have visitors and I hope that your next visit will be a bit longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment