Friday, December 30, 2011

I’ll Be Home for Christmas…


Was home for 10 days to celebrate Christmas with the family and to attend my cousin Casey’s wedding.  While I originally was not planning on returning to the States during my two years in Colombia, it was so nice to be home (even if it was for a very short visit).

Highlights:
·      Casey and Andrea’s wedding.  Absolutely beautiful, the service was only 20 minutes (nice work you two), and the reception was a blast.
·      Seeing tons of family and friends.  Shout out to Pears for flying to Connecticut to visit.  Shout out to Aunt Cathy for another delicious Christmas dinner.  Shout out to Silent Thunder (you know who you are) for becoming the new World Champion of Rummy 500.
·      Snow.  It was only flurries in Upstate New York, but I’ll take it.
·      BATH TUB!  Colombians just don’t know what they are missing.  There is nothing like a hot bubble bath to help you relax.
·      Went to the city with the family to see On A Clear Day… with Harry Connick Jr.  Great time with the family and a good show.
·      Driving.  TUK is out of commission because I took of the insurance on him when I moved.  Still it was great to get in a car and drive (and sing at the top of my lungs, of course).
·      Thanksgiving dinner x 2.  Both Grandma Naylor and mom feed me a delicious meal that included turnips and pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream to make up for the fact that I was not home in November. YUM!
·      Electric blanket.  I received a lot of awesome gifts but as I’m writing up this blog, I’m lying in bed SO grateful to have this new electric blanket to protect me from the wet cold that often invades Bogotá.
The Cottrell cousins at Casey's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment