Sunday, October 2, 2011

Una vaina loca

I cannot believe two weeks have passed since I last made an entry!  The pace of life here in Bogota is picking up and when I have not been working or out with friends I've been doped up on Nyquil and the likes in an attempt to rid myself of a cold that has lasted for nearly two weeks! (The late nights are probably not helping)
At Crepes & Waffles with friends from school

This weekend was packed full of fun times - lots of dancing which I love and meeting new people.  Friday night was the birthday of a friend from school.  We took her for a late lunch at Crepes and Waffles and then we went to a bar called BIG.  Folks here don't called it that, their name for it sounds something more like "P and G"...but maybe they're saying "B...I...G".  I have no idea.  But it was lots of fun and I got to see another side of the teachers I work with.  At school they are all very serious, but this not was full of silliness and nonsense.  Simply wonderful.

Aguardiente or Guardo is the drink of choice.  
It tastes like black liquorice. YUM! 

 Saturday night I went to a club called "Full 80's" where, as would be expected, they place 80's music all night long with the videos playing as well.  I am not very well versed in Spanish 80's music but we had a blast!  The DJ would play about 5 Spanish songs and then 5 English songs.  By the end of the night I was a sweaty mess.  Best case.
 
Whoa! Livin' on a prayer!!!!
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment