Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sundays in Bogota


This weekend was a very low-key weekend.  I have finally gotten caught up on my work, which means I don't bring work home (lovely!), but it also means I have a lot of free time.

This Sunday I took advantage of this time as a chance to relax. :)  On Sundays, a large number of the streets are blocked off for citizens to bike, run, walk, etc.  Cycling is the second most popular sport in Colombia, so folks LOVE this time!  I decided to use this as opportunity to try running again.  I am still not feeling one hundred percent used to the altitude but the weather today was perfect - sunny, clear and about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.  After my run - yes I survived but it was only for about 30 minutes - I bought a newspaper, made breakfast and spent the day lounging and reading.

I've inlcuded a picture of my breakfast for a few reasons: 1) To prove that I am eating.  My host mom seems concerned as every time she sees me the next question following "Como estas?" is "Comiste?" (Did you eat?); and 2) I'm trying out all the new fruits here and have discovered a favorite - pitaya - it's the yellow fruit in the picture with the white insides with black seeds.  It tastes a bit like kiwi, but sweeter and there's more of it! To eat it you cut it in half and then scoop out the inside with a spoon. DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that pic and food display looks professional! Glad you're still eating your two eggs in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete