Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home for the Holidays





I've just returned to Bogotá after two weeks back in the northeast (USA).  It was a whirlwind of a trip but I fit in a lot.  It was a great balance of family time and friend time and down time.  There was also lots of snow, which I was hoping for but is never a guarantee.

These visits back home are never long enough but they always remind me of just how lucky I am to have such a loving bunch of people in my life.  The visit home was rejuvenating.  Quality time with family and catch-up time with friends from childhood, college, and work.

Thanks to everyone who squeezed in time to see me during the craziness of the holidays.  I am totally blessed.

Some highlights:

Family Time

Great time with aunts, uncles, and cousins.  So much delicious food!
Visiting favorite places - had to get my chocolate shake from Orbakers.

Walk down memory lane, in Joy.
Keeping with traditions, we attended the candlelight service and
then woke up to stockings, gifts and a delicious breakfast.

No visit home would feel quite right without Krochko QT.
Dinner with mom and dad before I left.  

Catching up with friends

1.  My best childhood friend is getting married (twice!) and I'm going to be in her wedding in June.  Very excited and so great catching up with her.

2. Jule and Sophia in town for a very brief visit.
Sophia came a bit earlier, so we had some time to hang with my family.

Continued catching up with cocktails and dinner. 
Then headed to a townie bar for some entertainment...
....which we dominated.
I feel both proud and embarrassed of this.
3.  JCI Reunion with guest star, KA

Catching up over drinks...

...and brunches...
...and dinners.
Celebrating the New Year
...with this view.
Love my time with these ladies and
really hoping for a reunion in Bogotá this July!



No comments:

Post a Comment