Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Baking Begins

Last year I struggled because I was lacking in close friends here in Bogotá.  Friends I could talk to about anything - friends that would dream with me and sit around a table and talk for hours about life and love.  Of course, some of this was due to my limited ability to speak Spanish, but still it was very lonely at times.  I found myself talking about this last night with folks that have become family and realized just how far I've come and how happy I now am because of the beautiful people in my life.

Thanksgiving is not a holiday in Colombia, but I've decided to bring it to Bogotá and to my friends here.  Thanksgiving is a day to be with friends and family and to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for.  I know how have friends with whom I can share this special day and that's just one of the many things I have to be thankful for.

I've planned the menu and have begun searching for the ingredients.  Today I baked my first pie ever!  It's an apple crisp.  I found the recipe online.  And I think it's going to be delicious!!!

There's something really special about taking the time to plan and prepare a meal for friends.  And I'm hoping that the sharing of the meal and time together will be just as special.


No comments:

Post a Comment