Sunday, August 19, 2012

On My Own!

At the same time the new school year began, I also moved to my own apartment.  Because of that life has been crazy and therefore it has taken me until now to write about my new digs.

Anyhow, it is awesome.  I only moved about 8 blocks from my old home but I'm now near everything:  grocery store, Juan Valdez (Colombia Starbucks equivalent), salons, outdoor markets, bars, restaurants, and more.  I also now get to live alone.  I have my own space, I can use my kitchen whenever I want, I can have guests over without feeling bad, and I can sing and dance around in my underwear (if I so choose).   Being on my own also means more responsibility and learning to live in Spanish in new ways:  Calling to get my phone, TV, and Internet set up; paying bills; getting locks changed and new keys made... I love it! 

Here are few photos of my new place...visitors welcome!:


3 comments:

  1. Kate it's so pretty!!! It looks great! How fun to have your own apartment - I know you'll love it. I'll be in Houston the week you will be there, and I'm having dinner with Pears one night, so you should totally come!! Monday the 27th :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jules and your grown-up apartments! Mine is kinda grown-up, too, but I had nothing to do with it. Have fun in Houston and have a good margarita for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You dance around in your underwear!! (my mind is racing and I can't get it to stop)
    :-)

    V

    ReplyDelete